Sunday, July 14, 2013

JOEL FRICKE'S DURANGO VACATION WITH THE SPIRIT GUIDE BAR



Joel Fricke took his family to Durango, Colorado this summer. He also took along some reading material. Colorado makes a gorgeous backdrop for my books, doesn't it?
 

Here's a shot of Joel.  He's an Iowa guy and like so may Iowa guys, he's pretty modest.

 
I'm still transitioning from classroom teaching into my next career or, as Ray Bradbury put it, building my parachute after jumping from the cliff. At this point, the one thing I am sure of is I had to leave my job as a high school teacher.
 
My next book will be a collection of stories, mostly about my 25 year teaching career. The working title is TEECHUR: Confessions of a Reluctant Educator.
 
 
 Why call myself a "reluctant educator?" My teaching career was supposed to be temporary - just one year, until I got my stand up comedy career going. 


Joel calls the above photo: "THE SPIRIT GUIDE BEAR."
 


Why misspell "Teacher?" I don't know.

The book is a collection of stories like The Eight-Fingered Criminal's Son.

TEECHUR isn't quite ready for editing. I need to do some stories based on my last seven years at an affluent high school in Chandler, Arizona. It's going to take some time to do some reflecting on the last seven years of my one year teaching career.  


Below a great shot of The Eight-Fingered Criminal's Son at the Durango State Beach.

Just checking to see if you're paying attention.

Well, it's back to making my Ray Bradbury parachute. Today, my parachute involves reading the Arizona Pest Certification Manual. 

Here's some interesting Arizona insect trivia. The Arizona Bark Scorpion can be trained to respond to commands like sit, roll over and yes, bark. That's why they are called Bark Scorpions. Okay, I completely made that up. Still checking to see if anyone actually reads these things.

You can buy a copy of THE SPIRIT GUIDE BAR by clicking on the link below.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Spirit-Guide-William-Snyder/dp/1483924211/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373844671&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Spirit+Guide+Bar

2 comments:

JJ said...

I just figured Arizona Bark Scorpions were just some married guys out West.

feng hi said...

Bethune-Cookman Inept Offense Key in Loss to NC A&TDefending MEAC UGGS Clearance Outlet champion Bethune-Cookman lost to North Carolina A&T 22-3 last Saturday in Greensboro, N Imperial BMI Formula: To calculate the BMI by using the Imperial measurements, weight has to be calculated in pounds and the height in inches American investors, which supports Asian commerce, disregarded concerns after global trade analysts stated that the impact of the recent crisis will not last long They are UGGS Clearance Sale Ugg boots clearance sale outlet