Tuesday, March 3, 2009

More Rejection


AGENT SEARCH REPORT

Query Emails sent 311
Rejections Received 61
Under Consideration 16
Miscellaneous Responses 2
Requests for a Second Chapter 1

REJECTION OF THE WEEK

Thank you for the opportunity to consider your work. We regret that your project, despite its merits, is not for us. We wish you all the best in placing your book with another agency.

XXXXXXXX
Literary Agent

THE PLAN

I’m gearing up to start the third book next week. I have two weeks off and I’m looking to pump out two thousand words a day.

INSULT OF THE DAY

Here’s a conversation that took place with a student.

“Hey Mr. Snyder, you want to meet up for some pick up ball next week?”

“I guess I’m not too old to lace up the sneakers one more time.”

“Sorry Snyder, I think you are too old if you call your shoes sneakers.”

As Rodney Dangerfield once said, now I know why tigers eat their young…

9 comments:

James West said...

think thats bad! imagine a 49 year old who cant change his own oil!

Blues said...

Lol! Teenagers... they've got a lot in store one can learn from. I think they tend to become nasty when they have their safety barriers up (which is something they learn at home, pending on how well the parents can cope with themselves and in return with their lovely t'ager).
Is there a chance for me to order your book The Spirit Bar in private from you?? I live in Germany, so if you have PayPal, we could take it from there. Or are you going to hold it back until it is published? Which I understand fully...

#167 Dad said...

Mr. West,
Perhaps you'll make next weeks insult of the week...

#167 Dad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
#167 Dad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
#167 Dad said...

Hi Bluesfrau,

The truth is I enjoy my students, insults included.

Thank you for offering to purchase The Spirit Guide Bar. I'm honestly flattered. At this point, I'm not sure if going to self publish, post a chapter a week on the blog or hold out for representation and a book deal. At the very least, I'm going to post the first chapter next week...

Guely of Sweden said...

Priceless quote of Bob Newhart! There should be a way to comment your great quotations directly

Blues said...

I look forward to reading your book this or the other way. Don't give up where publishing is concerned. I believe that it depends on the right moment at the right time. These moments can come unawares.

#167 Dad said...

Guely,
Thanks. I'll keep the quotes coming.

Bluesfrau,
Thanks for the encouragement...