Wednesday, June 20, 2012

RICK MORANIS AND BILL THE ENTERTAINER AT PAPA JOE'S JUNE 16 EIGHT-FINGERED CRIMINAL'S SON AND A HAIRCUT EVENT


The Saturday book signing event at Papa Joe's was heckuva a lot of fun for everyone involved.

Did you hear that, Rick Moranis?

Rick Moranis is my most famous twitter follower.

Remembering the importance of never showing up empty handed to a Saturday barbershop book signing, I brought a box of fresh donuts. It was a busy Saturday. Scott Martin, the marketing teacher who got Papa Joe and me together,  partook in the book and a haircut offer. Brett White of Chandler Auto and Tire, my other quirky cool Eight-Fingered Criminal's Son venue, came by for a haircut and a shave. Mike the cop, Papa Joe's version of Andy Taylor, took part in the shindig too. Bill the Entertainer ran the karaoke action. I took my shot at Under the Boardwalk and was quite terrible. I swear I sound fantastic in the shower. I don't understand why everything invariably goes to pot when I get a live mike in front of me.

Thanks to Papa Joe, Joe Junior, the Papa Joe's crew, marketing man Scott Martin, my family and  rest of the colorful cast of characters who came down to make the Papa Joe's Eight-Fingered Criminal's Son Event a smashing triumph!

Next up is the June 3oth book signing and discussion at THE BOOK FROG in Rolling Hills  at 2pm.

You're invited too, Rick Moranis.

1 comment:

JJ said...

You guys are having entirely too much fun! I have to get out there.