Sunday, February 17, 2013

"DAVE CRUZ" READINGS WITH KIM MORGAN AND IAN JOHNSON


I believe I've found my book reading groove! Kim Morgan's high school creative writing class was an outstanding audience. I enjoyed the heck out of reading "Dave Cruz" to them. The Q and A session was electrifying. These students were obviously serious about writing and they asked fantastic questions.


This is Ian Johnson's English 101 class at South Mountain Community College. Again, there was a boat load of energy in the room as I read "Dave Cruz." The class was kind enough to laugh at the funny parts. Ian's class was a unique college reading experience in that many of the students were older. Their life experience was evident in their questions.  The Q and A session went longer than I expected  and I sold every book I brought. 

Doing readings is the one of the most rewarding aspects of this writing venture of mine. It seems that every time I do a Q and A session I learn something about my writing and my writing process.

A note to Ian and Kim's students: I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the readings and Q and A sessions. THANK YOU! If you would like a copy of THE EIGHT-FINGERED CRIMINAL'S SON  let your instructor know and I'll get you a signed copy at the discounted price.

Here is the Createspace link we discussed in class.
https://www.createspace.com/

Also, here is the link to my website. We'll be updating it for the release of SPIRIT GUIDE BAR soon.
http://www.williamsnyder.biz/

You can send me questions about writing, promotions, or publishing at my website.

2 comments:

JJ said...

Great looking gig! When you retire, if you retire, you can make those kinds of appearances to pay the bills while you enjoy your writing career.

Rick Rivers said...

So happy for you Bill! Actually, this is the best part. The writing was self-indulgent. Nothing like an audience who responds and laughs at all the right places!
Keep on Truckin'!